A Note from Georgette Holberg, First Lady of Khartum
In October of last year Rick and I attended the Ladies of Kem Brunch. Kem Temple is in Grand Forks. I was so impressed with the idea that, with their permission, I decided to bring it north of the border. In order for it to be a success, I need your help and participation.
This is how it works:
- On Saturday, May 3rd, the Ladies of Khartum present the “Circle of Friends Brunch”. It will be held at Shrine House in the activity room.
- Round tables of 8 are set up.
- Each table will have a hostess – this is where we need your help.
- The hostess purchases her seat at that table for $25 & sells the remaining 7 seats at her table for $25 each. Total $200. This is where your friends, neighbours, daughters, granddaughters, auxiliary friends & members of your Fez bowling team come in. Tickets will be given to each hostess. If you wish you can have another lady help host your table.
- This brunch is open to all ladies, not just Khartum ladies.
- Doors open at 9:30am
- When you arrive, you will be met by handsome Nobles dressed in tuxedos serving mimosas.
- Brunch is served at 10:30 by the same handsome Nobles dressed in tuxedos.
- There will be a silent auction. The items are displayed on tables with a bidding card next to each item. If you want to bid on that item, you write your name and bid amount on the card. There will be an auction cut off time and the person with the highest bid on that card gets that particular item.
- There will also be a 50 / 50 draw, but done somewhat differently. By purchasing a paddle, you get to choose your own destiny.
- Getting back to hostessing a table, the hostess decides on a theme for her table & decorates and sets her table accordingly. You can make it fun, set it to a theme, or make it classically elegant.
- You come the evening before to set and decorate your table. Contact me if you want to see some of the photos from the Kem Brunch. Some ladies even carried that theme to the outfit they wore to the brunch.
I don’t need to know your theme just yet. I just need you to let me know that you would be interested in hostessing a table. My phone # is 204-668-4263 & email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember, I can not do this without you. I want to make this brunch a yearly event. Kem is now into their 5th year and had a total of 23 hosted tables.
Let’s have fun helping kids. Thank you.
First Lady of Khartum